The Vid-Shield Police body video camera not only records in High Definition but it also shoots 12 mega pixels still images, equivalent to the best digital cameras in the world.
Now there has often been a large downside for the police departments wearing the video cameras. This will be the fairest interpretation you will find on the web.
Here are the pros and cons for police body cameras:
- The police body camera, is activated by the officer and it is up to them to choose when to hit record.
- The camera body has only the ability to see what the officers are looking directly at when it is in the record mode.
- Most cameras have a very limited battery life and can not record more than 8 hours.
- The field of view is often limited to 90 degrees or at most 130 degrees, so clipping off the edges of the video might have missed the evidence everybody needed to see.
- Recharging the cameras take 4-6 hours before it can record a full shift.
- The best police body cameras record in high definition or HD 1080P. This gives you a larger field of view.
- The intelligent body cameras can shoot still images as well as videos and can do both at the same time.
- Evidence gathered on these cameras often reflect the entire situation and can give both sides of the argument without a lawyer's intervention.
- The video protects both the citizen and the police agency.
- If the police department has a body worn written policy, it goes a long way in setting the code of ethics for the law enforcement agency.
- The body worn cameras can be deployed into houses and bars were in the past, no video could travel. This is the one advantage that personal body cameras have over police in-car cameras.
Now you can wear your Body Video Cameras (POV) and document what is going on from your departments prospective. Don't allow citizens to use the cameras in their phones to give a false perspective of an arrest.
The Vid-Shield is water resistant and withstand rain and humidity. All the buttons on the body worn camera are rubber and weathered. Police Camera High Resolution Video Quality 1080P Full HD Color Video Recording up to 60 FPS1080P Full HD Color Video Recording Megapixel Camera Photograph Evidence.
The Police Body Worn Camera features:
- Night Vision
- 12 Megapixel Photos
- 4 Times Digital Photo Zoom
- Records video in H.264, Mpeg4
- Fast Review & Night vision
- LCD screen to watch and listen to your recorded videos without a PC or phone
- Screen Shot, Capture during Video Playback
- One Touch Recording Function
- Unique Officer ID Number per unit
- Ergonomic design
- Large weathered, Rubber buttons
- Display: 2.0" TFT LCD Screen with Speaker
- Size W 2.0 × H 3.8 × D .9 inches (52mm x 97mm x 24mm)
- Weight 2 Ounces
Compatible Accessories Below
#1 Source for Government
We are the Worlds experts in Meeting Recorders, Dictation Machine Equipment, Police Dash Cameras & More! Over 1 million Customers & 63 years in business sets us apart. Almost every Federal, State, County, City Government agencies buy from Martel. Almost all Lawyers and legal firms buy their dictation machines from us.
Gov Written Quotes
Get a Quote
If you would like a quote, please fill out the below form. If you are looking for something that you do not find on the website feel free to use this form. We are always trying to provide a better experience for our customers. Government agencies can also use this form.